Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sometimes you CAN go home again (part 2)...

Home doesn't always include a house...for me it means feeling happy and loved.

I ran the Chicago marathon on October 12th. As with most marathons, it seems to have taken a bit out of me...physically and emotionally. After the marathon I "broke up with running" for a few weeks. I ran, but rarely and I didn't enjoy it much.

This weekend I got back together with my running friends for the first time since the marathon. I was reminded why I value running so much. Sure it helps me stay in shape and gives me a reason to wear some cute running clothes, but the biggest benefit (and one I never expected when I started running) was the great friendships it has given me. My run yesterday with Carly and Amy was great...we talked, laughed, and caught up on the last few weeks.

Today I raced Rocky's Run with my Cross Country team. The race was painful, hilly and tons of fun. Getting together with my friends in pink is ALWAYS a great experience and today was no different. Having so much fun with the girls has convinced me to get back together with running. I think I'll go for a run tomorrow...

No comments: