Monday, February 26, 2007

The day the appliances ran the house

I had a really nice weekend, punctuated by a Sunday where I didn't leave the house. I used the day making a concerted effort to clear as much from the pantry as I could by actually USING the food. What I didn't realize until nearly the end of the day was that I used almost every appliance in the house. The following is a list of appliances I used yesterday and what either Kirk or I created with said appliance.
1. Washer (clean clothes)
2. Dryer (dry clothes)
3. Coffee maker (coffee)
4. Dishwasher (clean dishes)
5. Oven/stove top (beans on the stove top, Cake in the oven)
6. Bread machine (bread)
7. Ice cream maker (mango sorbet)
8. Refrigerator (for freezing the mango sorbet and for cold water)
9. Food processor (for pureeing the mango sorbet and for pureeing chilies for the beans)
10. Mixer (cake)
11. Crock pot (shredded Carolina Pork)
12. Rice cooker (rice)
13. Coffee grinder (ground coffee)

BTW - the mango sorbet was really nice...

3 comments:

Ed Kohler said...

Next time, try working a Creme Brule torch into the mix.

Anne said...

Does a Creme Brule torch qualify as an appliance? I always think of an appliance as something with a cord. I did come across my torch, but I didn't have any cream and didn't want to go to the store...

Dr Em said...

anne, i haven't seen you in forever! are you coming to the swap meet?