Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bachman gets a message from God

I didn't watch the State of the Union the other night. I think about it in the same way that Kirk thinks about a football game, I'd rather read about it the next day than watch it live. All the clapping annoys me.

My mom, on the other hand, has had a voracious appetite for politics ever since she became an American citizen a few years ago. She wouldn't dream of missing the State of the Union address. I personally think it's pretty cool that Mom has found this new interest. Luckily, my mom hasn't given up her other interest, making fun of religious kooks like Michelle Bachman. This is one of the many ways I take after my mom.

While talking to Mom on the phone she filled me in on Ms. Bachman mauling the president (somehow I missed the media hype). I promised her I would find the video on-line. It's just so odd that it needs to be shared.

See Congresswoman Bachman touching the president

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

I tried to post the editorial in my response-- I thought Sack really caught the essense of the situation and well..... exactly as mom remembers it. I originally cut the editorial out for mom -- but when I saw this post thought you should have it as well.

It's been a long time since I have seen mom this excited about politics. She really got a kick out of the whole situation.

Keep up the good work on your Blogging.

Rocco said...

There has to be some etiquette, written or unwritten, about touching El Jefe. That has to be a huge gaffe. But what do I know. I'm sure as long as the good congresswoman delivers her votes in the house SWAK to the White House lawn, Bush won't care at all. Either way, she looks pretty shameless.

By the way, good blog. Maybe you and Kirk can have a contest to see who can post more. Kirk hasn't set the bar real high, you know.

carly said...

OMG, this is appalling. Thanks for posting a link to it, I had only heard, but hadn't seen it yet. I especially like your title, "Bachman gets a message from God". That's so funny. What a wacko.