Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Great Closet Cleanout of 2007

On December 31st I was pretty vocal about the fact that I would be spending January 1st cleaning my closet (or "editing" as my friend Emily says). That didn't happen. In the time since then I have spent HOURS regretting my wasted January 1st and cleaning my closet. All the effort has resulted in 4 large bags of clothes to be donated.


I've itemized the donations for 2 reasons: tax reasons, and because I made a deal with my siblings and their spouses (long story) that for every 2 items I get rid of I can buy one similar item to replace them.

The following items are now officially out of my wardrobe: 29 shirts, 11 pairs of shorts, 6 swim suits, 2 pairs of sweatpants, 4 sweat shirts, 2 robes, 3 pairs of pants, 1 blazer, 11 sweaters, 1 messenger bag, 1 leather coat, 1 "other" coat, 1 jean jacket, 3 pairs sporty shoes, 2 pair sandals, 3 pairs slippers, 1 pair shoes, 3 purses (2 were leather), 2 skirts, 1 dress.

It was actually pretty challenging to go back and itemize without sneaking something out of the bag. I feel stronger for making the effort.

2 comments:

Dr Em said...

i think TVSNACKS is a great name. i can't believe it isn't already taken!

you are either going to have to comb through your closet again, or sneak a few things out of the bags for the seasonal clothing swap that is coming up. well, it is not coming up immediately, probably in march.

Ed Kohler said...

You don't happen to still have those swimsuits, do ya?

Why, you ask?

Um, never mind.